Thursday, October 21, 2004

Andyland

Does he ever read what he links to?

Andy says, courtesy of Mickey:

QUOTE FOR THE DAY: "But for the moment, what we are doing, I think, is having its impact and it is the best way to protect our troops and sort of minimalize the proximity, if you will. I think we have been doing this pretty effectively and we should continue to do it that way." - John Kerry, discussing the tactic of outsourcing the capture of Osama bin Laden to local warlords at the time. (Hat tip: Mickey.)


What's Kerry actually talking about?

KING: Mount Holly Springs, Pennsylvania -- hello.

CALLER: Hello. Yes, I would like to ask the panel why they don't use napalm or flamethrowers on those tunnels and caves up there in Afghanistan?

KING: Senator Kerry?

CALLER: My golly, I think they could smoke him out.

KING: Senator Kerry?

KERRY: Well, I think it depends on where you are tactically. They may well be doing that at some point in time. But for the moment, what we are doing, I think, is having its impact and it is the best way to protect our troops and sort of minimalize the proximity, if you will. I think we have been doing this pretty effectively and we should continue to do it that way.

(thanks to 3 different readers)