Tuesday, October 12, 2004

October Already?

This is a wee bit creepy.


WASHINGTON (AP) - A Democratic senator said Tuesday he is closing his Washington office because of a top-secret intelligence report that made him fear for his staff's safety.

Sen. Mark Dayton, D-Minn., said his office in the Russell Senate Office Building across the street from the Capitol will be closed while Congress is in recess through Election Day, with his staff working out of his Minnesota office and in Senate space off Capitol Hill.

``I take this step out of extreme, but necessary, precaution to protect the lives and safety of my Senate staff and my Minnesota constituents, who might otherwise be visiting my Senate office in the next three weeks,'' he said.

...

Nonetheless, Dayton said he would advise people from his home state to avoid Capitol Hill until after the Nov. 2 election.

``I would not bring my two sons to the Capitol between now and the election,'' he added.